Whether you want to discuss your personal situation or simply make a claim on a policy you have with Abbotts and our Insurance partners, we’re here to help.
Simply fill out the appropriate form, and fax it through to us as soon as you can and we will take it from there. For Commercial claims outside of General Insurance or Motor Vehicle please contact your broker directly, and they will ensure your process is as seamless as it can be.
In the event of a claim:
Ensure that you take all practical steps to prevent any further loss or damage, ensuring your own safety first.
Claims for burglary, theft or other crime related events must be reported to the police. The police will give you a Police Complaint Acknowledgement Form, which will need to be given to us along with your completed claim form.
Contact the Abbott Group as soon as practical to notify us of the claim. We can post, email or fax you a claim form, or you can download a General Insurance or Motor Vehicle form from our website. We have a team of claims specialists ready to help you.
Please note that a Loss Adjuster may be appointed to assist with your claim.
Complete the claim form and return to us with the following:
In the event of a burglary, loss or theft claim:
- Your proof of ownership i.e. receipts, valuations, photographs, warranties, guarantees, manuals, bank or credit card statements is required.
- A written quotation for the replacement of the lost or stolen item/s.
In the case of a damaged item:
- Please retain the item(s) as the insurance company may wish to inspect it.
- A written quote for the repair and an explanation of what they believe may have caused the damage.
- If the item is not repairable a written quote confirming this and a quote to replace the item.
Please contact our team on 03 - 366 - 7536 or by email if you have any queries at all about your claim.